Friday, January 8, 2010

Have you ever competed in a Beauty Pageant?

I'm going to be competing in my first one this summer and I'm nervous. What was the pageant like?Have you ever competed in a Beauty Pageant?
yes, i have been in plenty. being nervous is normal, just try not to show it - to calm your nerves take deep breaths, in your nose and our your mouth. close your eyes and concentrate on each breath, think of something that relaxes you! it really works. remember to ALWAYS smile, it makes you look confident (%26amp; confidence is sexy!). there can be a number of things you're being judged on depending on what type of pageant you're in. when 'interviewing' ALWAYS keep eye contact, keep your answers concise yet full, and be up to date on current events (it'll come in handy!) a good answer should have 4 parts. 1) count to three before answering 2) have a lead in sentence, like, ';i honestly believe that...'; 3) answer the question 4) summarization, ';so overall i believe that ';X'; is the reason that....';





good luck !Have you ever competed in a Beauty Pageant?
Yes, I competed from the time I could walk till I was 8 or 9..Don't be nervous, Just remember to smile big, Keep your head up, and Be confident, If they ask questions, It may be a little nerve wracking..and It's alright if you mix your words up...It's a fun experience, and you meet alot of friends when you do pageants....When I did pageants, I always forgot to do my turn, so my Moms friend(who's daughter also did pageants.) stood in behind and gave her finger a twirl when It was time for me to do my turn, So if your nervous about that, have someone do that...But their's usually a few categorys like Talent, Evening, Casual, Swim(I think.)..
YES!


there nerve-racking at first.


when you see all the girls walking up there.


but it's really fun, once you get out there you walk down the isle, to the side, to the other side, you just walk around and stop everyonce and a while.


perferablly about 30 seconds.


you usually have to bring 3 outfits, depending what catagories your doing.


ex, casual, semi-casual, and swimsuits.


and at the end of everything you stand in a line with all your compendators and they call you out in runner-ups.


its pretty fun.


you'll like it
Pageants are easy, just practice your act all the time till you can do it in your sleep. If you are asked a question don't stutter, and think about it. For the formal dress thing get a llong dress not one to your knee's becausse that might not be considered formal and they'll dock points. Also don't cry if you lose, everyone makes fun of the girl that cry's...good luck=]
i was in the miss hawaiin tropic pageant. its at the end of summer. you have to be tan, have a casual outfit, and bikini. and just like any other pageant, you have to smile, have poise, and confidence.
I have you have to show the judges that you r confident smilr and loosen up and its soooo much funn! i won my tittle! good luck i hope you win!
No but i might get into modeling.
I haven't.
no but


good luck :]

No comments:

Post a Comment