Sunday, April 25, 2010

Do you need to have a cosmetology license to open a new beauty salon in Mass? I wont perform any work on cust.?

I am trying to open up a new beauty salon in Massachusetts...I am looking to get my cosmetology license but the course takes 7 month. So I am wondering if I can open the salon without been license? I know I can not perform any work on customers until I actually have the license.





Thank you!Do you need to have a cosmetology license to open a new beauty salon in Mass? I wont perform any work on cust.?
Yes. Alot of people open their own Salon without a license. You just can't touch the clients.Do you need to have a cosmetology license to open a new beauty salon in Mass? I wont perform any work on cust.?
It will depend on your state,but I think you can own this business without the cosmotology liscense.


But since you must ensure all are liscensed, you wont know if the employees are doing the right and safest proceedures, and if they are not doing things right, you the owner will get the sitations and heavy fines for the rules your not keeping in place, because you dont know them.


If someone drips bleach in someones eye, you will have to get them to the hospital and you will be paying thier bills and you will get sued, so if your unaware of the safest known practices with all these new to you employees, you really put yourself at risk by not being liscenced.

No comments:

Post a Comment