Wednesday, December 30, 2009

What do you think about young child beauty pagents?

Just curious what the general opinion is.What do you think about young child beauty pagents?
Morally WRONG. It's teaching girls that to get by in life you need to wear make up, strut around and be charming and flirtatious and be beautiful to be successful. Two words: Jon-benet Ramsay.What do you think about young child beauty pagents?
I saw that documentary too. It's disgusting. Dragging your kids all over the country (what did they say 500 mile round trip for voice lessons? Give me a break!) to make yourself feel good because your child is dressed the skankiest and can put on the most makeup and fake smile? I felt bad for that one father...he looked like he thought it was BS but I think he just wanted to support his little girl.
no way. what is the point? i guarantee that no child is going to ask or let alone know about beauty pageants unless you expose them to it and for what purpose does that serve. let children be children.
I think they are sick, something is wrong with the mother.
I think it's disgusting. Children have no business prancing around in gowns and makeup. I saw this show on them once, and they even go as far as to give them fake teeth, spray tans and hair weaves!!! Think of what these ';mothers'; are teaching their daughters. How sick.
It's sad to know that some parents take advantage of their children to gain popularity or make money for themselves (not ALL parents, but generally speaking). I feel that you should not take away their childhood by getting them involved in these pageants. They are just innocent children . If we expose themselves to such a pageant, they will not be able to think for themselves and have their own opinions and creativity. They will only know how to listen to other's instructions and things like ';do this'; and '; go there';. Let them live their childhood, because other wise we, as parents will regret making such a decision when they get older.
de-moralizing
I think they give kids a completely twisted sense of what is important, set kids up as bait for predators, and feed into the fact that this society worships people like Paris Hilton. Parents who need to live vicariously through the children should learn to revere academic achievement, creativity and kindness rather than artificially created looks.
My opinion is that they are sickening. I would never pimp my daughter out- that's all it is to me. It's not about the child- I've never heard of a child honestly wanting this without a good bit of coaxing from their parent(s). Even if my daughter somehow came up with the idea herself (yeah, right), I'd teach her that pageants are superficial and that she's worth so much more than how she looks. Uggh. I don't even like thinking about it.
I think its sick! who would make their little child compete to see who is the cutest....that kid will grow up with serious inserurity problems
I don't see anything wrong with it at all. If I had a daughter I would participate. Granted I would not drive 500 miles and go into debt for it. It is not demoralizing. Its cute! For all you people trying to teach your children about the inside you got it all wrong. This world is very cruel and by you sheltering your children now telling them the outtside doesn't matter is making things worse when they get a little older and have to start dealing with the kids at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment