Thursday, December 17, 2009

My 5 year old daughter recently asked to do beauty pageants should I let her?

She wanted to because she went to a pageant show to watch her friend, and now wants to try it.My 5 year old daughter recently asked to do beauty pageants should I let her?
well you shouldnt let her dress like a mini W**** with the makeup and stuff at that age and because of that she probably wont win. not to mention it seems like a feeding ground for old perves. so noMy 5 year old daughter recently asked to do beauty pageants should I let her?
Definetly let her do it, she will gain so much confidence and poise by being in a pageant. You will not even believe it. I would reccomend starting her in National American Miss because they focus mainly on personality and poise in girls, they also have a rule with no make up on girls younger than 12. She will have so much fun with pageants and don't believe all the stuff about how it ruins you and degrades you. The women I have met doing pageants are some of the brightest, most poised individuals I have ever met.





Good luck and god bless!
No matter how pageants are justified they just give me the creeps. My daughter danced competitively and wore all the costumes and make-up but she did so with a team so it was athletic and social. Dance competitions lead to her being offered modelling and acting jobs and I turned every single one of them down. She's now 14 and agrees with my decision to keep her away from that superficial world.
If your daughter wants to try it, then sure she should. But it is also very important to make sure you dont get sucked into it. There is a thing called 'Pageant mom Syndrome' where the mothers of these children get a hunger for winning and turn into drill sargeants rather than loving mothers. Also make sure she knowsthat if she doesn't like it she is welcome to quit.


Good Luck
I think you should let her do them at least once. If it is the expense and her dressing so provocative that you are worried about I suggest wowclothingclub.com. My friend uses them for some of her daughters pageant wear and she loves them. Also as a few other people have mentioned, be careful. Pageants can be a crazy thing, you have to stay level headed about it all.
Y not, as long as you dont go all psycho about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment