Thursday, December 17, 2009

Is it skin cancer or is it a beauty spot with a pimple on it?

I have like a beauty spot that used to be flat on my skin and it about the size of a quater of a drinking straw. I think it might be cancer because its become a lump but it might just be that there is a pimple on it. I don't get much sun on my back so I don't think it is skin cancer but.. I don't know. I need some facts. Reassurence. ThanksIs it skin cancer or is it a beauty spot with a pimple on it?
Book an appointment to see your Doctor. It isn't likely to be anything serious but only a biopsy can really tell you what's going on.





No point getting stressed out before the result comes back. Good luck.Is it skin cancer or is it a beauty spot with a pimple on it?
size is not important until the lump changes size or appearance. Some melanomas are very small dots anyway.


The lack of sun now may not mean that was the case when you were a child. Many cancers arise from children being sunburnt and the cells become cancerous later in years.


Pimples do not grow on lumps usually as the lump has no pore for oil to gather in.
For peace of mind see your doc. My friend went last week to have a small mole removed i was impressed how efficient they were. It only took 20 mins and now it has been sent off to me analized.
please , if in any doubt see your GP soon as possible

No comments:

Post a Comment