Monday, December 14, 2009

Would you or have you ever let your child participate in a child beauty pageant?

What do you think of children pageants?Would you or have you ever let your child participate in a child beauty pageant?
If they wanted to, yes. I was in them. It built a lot of my confidence, I made incredible friends, I worked with a lot of charities growing up and helped my community BECAUSE of them.





It is not all based on looks. Thats just a common misconception.Would you or have you ever let your child participate in a child beauty pageant?
No.


These competitive displays of parental vanity are worthless at best. When a child learns that beauty (or the perception of it) is the main standard for personal worth, that child's values become skewed in relation to real personal self worth.


The Ramsey debacle comes to mind in how these sickening displays can go wrong.
i have not and i would not. personally, i think the whole idea of taking a toddler and making them look adult-like is sickening. plus, i would imagine it's like christmas for pedophiles at those pageants.
No, I would not let any child participate in a child beauty pageant. They exists to placate mothers vicariously living out their own issues about their looks.





They are destructive and divisive. Should be outlawed.
No, it may cause them to be insecure with surrounding competition. Pagaents say they build self confidence- which may be true in some cases. Yet the competition involved agianst girls may make your child insecure.


Do what you think is best!
Absolutely not. Involve them in sports, music, academics, the arts, yes. Pageants, what are they going to gain from that experience? Nothing of value.
No I would not.





In such contests, the children do not compete against each other.





Usually, it's mothers who are competing with each other in the most pathetic way imaginable.
i would let my child participate in a beauty pageant, but only if she would want to, i would not make her do it unless she wanted to.
Beauty Pageants? No way. Modeling for kid's clothing, magazines: Yes, if my child enjoyed doing it and all the money would go to them for college.
horrible things





i would say its almost child cruilty
if my child wants , I'm all out support! I am pretty sure its often the smart and confident child has the enthusiasm of participating pageant.
I think it instills the wrong values in children. There is no need for children to be judged based on their looks and ';talents.';
  • this works
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment