Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What different ideas of beauty are there around the world. The weirder the better?

For instance where are overwight people highly sought after. Or the woman who can jump highest etc?What different ideas of beauty are there around the world. The weirder the better?
I'm thinking of those 'ring neck' women in Africa where the more rings (and therefore, the longer your neck) the more attractive you are considered! And also the 'plate lip' people.What different ideas of beauty are there around the world. The weirder the better?
In China it used to be women with small feet, don't know why. Hence the practice of binding girls feet when babies so their feet didn't grow.


A lot of hunter gatherer type people look for fat people - there's some sense in that in that if you're fat that's evidence of being a good food provider.


In Europe pale skin used to be considered beautiful. This was because peasants had to work in the fields and so got tanned, rich women didn't and so had pale complexions, pale complexions therefore became highly desirable. It's a bit ironic that today most westerners consider tanned skin to be more attractive.
Yep, long neck in Africa (omg, you should see how many ';neck rings'; they wear!!! ouch! i think that hurts, holding your neck up all the time like a giraffe or something...) and small feet in China (though I think it's forbidden to do that cruel feet binding thing now... ouch ouch! bet that hurts more!!!) and pale skin in europe (ppl were putting on those seriously weird mixtures on their skin, and even trying to get paler with this metal thing, they used to um, kinda ';peel off'; the skin, ouch ouch ouch! bet that hurts even more...)
the skinniest person....size 0.
Men who pierce their bottom lips and see who can wear the biggest disc in the hole, hilarious.
Beauty is always changing!


First in the Elizabethan times pale skinned people wear considered beautiful.


People with long necks and high check bones are considered beautiful.


In my opinion everyone is beautiful and children of today have an unreal view of beauty well who wouldn't seeing thin


flawless celebs most people don't really know that they've been airbrushed and have clever make up artists on hand. Just love your look!





Do you think i could model?





http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
I think what you really want to ask is whether you are beautiful.





I know people say it so much that it loses its real meaning but really, beauty is skin deep. I'm chubby and feel like the most beautiful woman in the world, and I really mean it. I live in africa and here, the bigger you are the better. I've also lived in europe for seven years and still felt beautiful despite living in a culture where slim only was beautiful. I am speaking from experience, i've met very chubby or plump women who are so full of confidence and a sence of inner beauty that some of my slim friends wish they were just like them...yep!





I know no matter what i say here, or what examples people might post today or within the next three days, you'll always be trying to have others validate your beauty.





Last week, i had a stomach problem and my stomach swelled twice more than its normal size, actually I had IBS. I didnt know what it was and was so worried. But one thing I learnt from it was that, I so sincerely yeared for my old, fat tummy back (not only because was tummy was so badly stretched due to the IBS, but i literrally looked pregnant). When I finally recovered, and stood in front of the mirror, I looked at my fat and soft, smooth beautiful tummy and thanked God that I was well again.





You must somehow learn to accept the way you are. How would you feel if you had a car accident and lost your eye, or had a defored face, or lost both your legs? Believe me, it wouldn't matter whether you felt fat or ugly before, you'd wish you had your old self back.





Believe it or not, I used to feel insecure when i was in my teens, but as i grew older, and learnt alot about myself, i discovered that i was so likeable and many people really genuinely liked me DISPITE BEING FAT. But, I looked deep within me and discovered that there were so many beautiful things i was blessed with that made me not only deserving to have the right to exist, but also to love myself. I've had several marrige proposals YES AND AM FAT!





So girlfriend, it doesnt matter what Africans men want, or what how long women's neck are, the answer is, how do you really feel about yourself...once you love YOU and appreciate all the wonderful things about you, believe me, what you look on the outside matters little.





Finally, you look at all these celebrities with all their airbrushed beauties, tell me, are they really, deeply happy?


If they were, why would they be on drugs all the time with continually failed relationships (and i mean well).





So no matter how weird our answers are, it really will not answer the root of the issue.





However, to humour you, kindly, girls in Muritania are forced fed by their mothers in preparation for marriage as their husbands prefer their women big. Here in my country, one of my aunties took animal medication to fatten animals in a desperate attempt to baloon herself. My cousin brother's dream came true when he finally married a fat woman.





But best thing: LOVE YOURSELF!





All the best to you beautiful one.
......

No comments:

Post a Comment